Sunday 22 February 2015

2015 Topic 3: Paint {Challenge} - Mark 2

Here we are again, two posts together in no time at all whoo hoo! This is the PaperArtsy blog by Wanda that got me painting bottles, I haven't really done it much justice but practice makes perfect I reckon LOL

I said in my last post I would paint a jar but not in time for the Sunday cut-off well I managed it, it's not the best in the world but I tried.

As a base I gave it a coat of iced blue then from the bottom I used Jade blending to Eastern Skies to the top, I gave it a coat of satin glaze but I'm not sure what I did wrong and it seemed to take some of the paint off but gave a rather nice effect so I went with the flow.


I then stamped the shadow stamp from ELB13 using prawn and eastern skies and over stamped with the house, I missed the line up slightly but hey hoe but the paint wasn't how I wanted it so I painted the colours, blending the blue just under the roof to give the effect of shadows.

Stamping the grass tufts around the bottom and the twinkles around the top, painting these with banana over a base of chalk to give more of a true colour (note to self next time ordering remember snowflake!).

I used the left over banana on some mop up card and stamped the words cut these out and stuck them on, now I'm just debating whether to risk the satin glaze again or not?!

These are the over sides of the jar.



The pics aren't brilliant as it was night time but it's so dark today I don't think I'll get any better ones. I'm still thinking about about what to tie around the top and a label maybe but I have time yet as it's not mothers day for a few weeks yet LOL.

Thanks for stopping by leave a comment if you fancy.

Happy Craftin
Rebecca

5 comments:

  1. You have been a busy bunny this week, new stamps, new paints and you are away. Great project. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your bottle looks wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for your achievement, it is superb. I can ask you a question: where did buy you the new Paperartsy stamp, please? I have a crazy craving to have...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole thanks! The stamp was from Artist Trading Post

      Delete
  4. Wow awesome bottle, really love the way you have decorated it, stunning. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete