Saturday 6 February 2016

2016 Topic 2: Hearts {challenge}

Howdy Folks! Hope all well in the craftin cyber world.

SO... have you been hooked on all the Paperartsy new product launch this week and Leandra's Periscope demoing, it's been a blast, go take a LOOK.

Anyway the good news is that because of this busy week the latest Blog Challenge was extended by a week, Yay! so this gave me more time to get sorted.

Now in the past I have made my own photo calendars but the online template I used to use disappeared which meant having to change all the dates etc... myself and proved too time consuming so for the last two years I haven't had a calendar up so I'm really not sure how I've managed to survive and I have been late for birthdays on a couple occasions!!

So when my craftin mucka Sue came up with an idea for a birthday calendar this set my little grey cells 'a rocking an a rollin!'

I usually pop into The Works when passing (as you do) and they had these lovely little wooden hearts attached to pegs and some larger wooden hearts, the plan was there...I had a tag swap display board in front of craft desk (I mean dinning table, well on special occasions anyway!) and thought it was time for a make-over.

To start I squirted a little, Fresco Paints Nougat, Chutney, Turquoise and Pumpkin Soup onto my craft mat with a little water, creating a marble effect with a cocktail stick then tapped, swirled and splatted the hearts in the paint to create a variety of painted hearts, once dry I gave them a 'white wash' using diluted Nougat.




With the larger hearts I applied Chutney and Turquoise with cut and dry, once dry applied a thin coat of Crackle Glaze, again once dry a thick coat of Vintage Lace and waited for the cracks then I wiped some of the areas away with a baby wipe to create a bit more of a shabby/distressed wood effect. I then applied Space cadet through random sections of a Tim Holtz stencil followed by text in Chutney using Ephemera 3 stamp and then again a 'white wash' of diluted Chalk, this was so the wording would be more visible on a more subtle background.




Finally I stamped the months on each large heart, and pegged them onto my display board, I just have to add the date and person to the little hearts, as you can see April is a awfully busy month! Looking at it now I might need to define the edges of the hearts to make them pop out a little more but I need to look at it a little longer and hopefully in natural light as it''s been a real miserable grey rainy day here in the UK.



Only problem now is there's no excuses now for missing any birthdays or anniversaries!!! The pictures aren't great due to the lack of light though, sorry!

Just before I go, I cleaned the back of my cut and dry and was left with this amazing crackle effect, now if only I could produce that on my projects LOL!



Anyway that's me done, thanks for stopping by, leave a comment if you fancy!

Happy Craftin

Rebecca








2 comments: